BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 19, 2010

Cupcakes- Mickey birthday party


As you probablly know if you read this blog much that we are pretty immersed in Disney. We travel to WDW a couple times a year, we love Disney movies, pretty much anything Disney we like. My 4 year old wanted a Valentine Mickey birthday party this year (she was born on Valentine's day). These are the cupcakes I came up with this year! I thought that they turned out pretty cute so I wanted to share them. The Mickey ears I made out of dark chocolate by putting wax paper over a template I had printed from a disney font I use and then used a piping bag adn piped the chocolate onto to wax paper and put in the fridge to harden. The hearts are sugar cookies with a royal icing. I make some shape of these cookies every year for my daughters birthday parties it is a birthday tradition at our house. The polka dots are made from the same icing as on the sugar cookie they were piped onto wax paper and I let them harden for 2 days.


Here is a picture of one of the cupcakes I made for her birthday last year.  We did a mickey only theme last year so I did not have the pink incorporated.  This would be a good one to make if you had a little boy who wanted a Mickey Mouse party.  The star is a sugar cookie the same as the heart on the cupcake from this year except I used a mini cookie cutter and the Mickey ears on this on I used a Mickey craft punch and glued a toothpick between to punch out Mickey ears.  The polka dots are the royal icing again as on the sugar cookie This cupcake I would say is a bit simpler just because the Mickey ears are much less time intensive and the cookies are smaller so not as much icing to be done.


I think both cupcakes turned out very cute and were definitely a hit at the parties.  However if I had to choose a favorite it would be the valentine mickey one I really love how the heart cookie turned out and the chocolate mickey was just a fun extra touch.  My Daughter who is turning 7 in the spring has already asked to have a Minnie Mouse party so I have begun brainstorming her cupcakes and I am thinking red icing with white polka dots just like Minnie's dress.  I am excited about them I will definitely post pictures up here in April after the party!


Also if you want recipes for any of the parts just leave a comment and I will get them to you
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment